Staff Software Engineer: Cloud Services
- Location AUSTIN, TX
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 980035BR
What you'll do at
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years related experience OR Master of Science and 3 years related experience
- 2 years experience with big data analytics.
- 6 years experience with SQL and relational databases (for example, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server).
- 6 years experience with statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, R).
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics and 12 years experience in an analytics related field.
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis.
- Doctoral degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 6 years experience in an analytics related field.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 8 years experience in an analytics related field.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents