Buyer Produce/Bakery - Sam's Club
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 979675BR
What you'll do at
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Establishes and maintains relationships with suppliers, ensures suppliers meet Sam's Club expectations and metrics, holds suppliers accounting to business plans (ex. quality, production, on-time delivery, etc) and sharing inventory demand to maximize manufacturing efficiencies.
- Executes merchandising plans for subcategories
- Executes product subcategory strategies
- Implements and executes sourcing strategies to procure products for club, negotiates item cost while executing supplier agreements and communicating with suppliers on procurement execution.
- Manages financial performance of assigned subcategory groups
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Reviews, understands, and uses the results of market analysis (ex. product information, trend and historical data, supplier research, trade publications, trade shows etc) and visits supplier facilities to observe the product manufacturing process and handling to identify products that satisfy member needs.
- Bachelor s degree in Business or related field and 1 year experience in Merchandising or related field OR 3 years' experience in Merchandising or related field.
- 1 year experience creating and analyzing Profit and Loss (P&L) statements.
- 1 year supervisory experience.
- 4 years' experience in Merchandising or related field.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents