Staff Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 976118BR
What you'll do at
• Engages in positive and professional interaction with Developers, Product Management and other project team members.
• Defines and implements End to End quality assurance practices and procedures
• Develops and implements live QA testing methodologies and implements QA metrics.
• Monitors and tracks all issues.
• Analyzes formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
• Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and project team.
• Analyzes discrepancies in service or performance and makes recommendations for product or service updates.
• Collaborates with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
• Ensures that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
• Closely works with product management and development to ensure priorities and objectives are aligned with business needs
• Works with product management, development, documentation, and support as part of the full product lifecycle
• 5+ years of Software QA experience and/or automated testing experience
• 3+ years’ experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment
• Experience in performing all levels of testing including: Functional, UI, System, Load/Stress/Performance, Installation and Regression
• Knowledge in estimating, developing and executing effective test plans for new and existing functionality
• Experience setting QA metrics to measure quality and defects
• Ability to work individually and on a team, self-motived with strong work ethic
• Ability to influence a group of quality assurance engineers who test, evaluate, and validate initiatives and identify issues in software or services, reporting on progress, and making wise decisions to adapt plans as things change
• Positively communicate with stakeholders on different technical and project management aspects
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents