General Maintenance Technician (Prescott, AZ area)
- Location PHOENIX, AZ
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition 973672BR
What you'll do at
- The successful candidate will live in or relocate to the Phoenix, AZ area. Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs on doors, flooring, interior and exterior structures, as well as electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Communicates with others in order to efficiently manage resources, time, and equipment to ensure maintenance duties are accomplished. Prioritizes routine and non-routine work assignments and works alongside others in order to effectively accomplish maintenance tasks and repairs.
- Inspects equipment as needed to ensure effective working order and assists in subsequent repair and maintenance. Proactively troubleshoots equipment problems to identify more significant problems or repair issues. When necessary, follows up on large maintenance-related projects to ensure maintenance work and repairs have been completed by others.
- Completes work orders and maintains records, logs, and other requisite documents according to established company procedures and policies. Submits all required paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Vocational/Technical certification and 6 months of hands-on facilities operations/maintenance experience in the areas of general maintenance, plumbing, basic electrical work, etc. OR 2 years of hands-on facilities operations/maintenance experience in the areas of general maintenance, plumbing, basic electrical work, etc.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook with general computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Completion of a 2 year Vocational or Technical program such as Plumbing or Electrical
- Relevant industry certifications or license
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents