- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising & Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 970773BR
What you'll do at
As Planning Manager, you are responsible for overseeing and implementing financial and multi-channel integration strategies for a strategic business unit. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you work with your planners to assess and synthesize retail trends, develop and manage complex project, and deliver on financial targets – all with the ultimate goal of a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com. You will lead associates in development opportunities to help them grow as individuals, work as a team, and better serve our customers and business goals.
You won’t do this alone. You will manage a world-class team of collaborative colleagues who have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale and with the customer perspective first. In addition to bringing the “art” to the “science” of retailing, we’re also counting on you to share your knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Walmart.com Merchandising
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Oversees and implements the continuous development of financial and multi-channel integration strategies for a strategic business unit
- Oversees the execution of financial plans and open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts for a strategic business unit
- Oversees the execution of item-level replenishment within a strategic business unit
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• At least 4 year experience in a retail environment preferred.
• Must have experience managing and creating new categories of business in extremely competitive environment
• Experience managing others (planners and replenishment analyst)
• Must have experience with high risk, high volume, complex categories of goods
• In addition, must have experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
Analytical, good communication, SQL
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents