Senior Back End Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 967055BR
What you'll do at
Department Summary: The Customer Experience team lives on the front line of e-commerce innovation. This collaborative team, made up of engineering, UX, product management, along with web and technology evangelists, is rapidly iterating new products and site features at scale. We deliver high performing solutions - from our next gen front-end platform (node.js and react.js) to our best-in-class backend payments platform which powers web, mobile and API solutions. Continuous innovation and immediate feedback by billions of customers make this work incredibly exciting!
Position Description: The Customer Experience team lives on the front line of e-commerce innovation. This collaborative team, made up of engineering, UX, product management, along with web and technology evangelists, is rapidly iterating new products and site features at scale.
Title: Senior Back End Software Engineer
Role: 967055BR - US100010702 Staff Software Engineer - @WalmartLabs WEC (GEC6718)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Organization: Global e-commerce
Department: Customer Experience
• Highly Desirable Skills: Back End Java, REST services Experience, Developing using J2EE technologies such as Servlet/JSP/Filters, JNDI, JDBC, JMS, JMX, RMI, Java Web Services.
• Serve as a technical lead for architecture, design and interface decisions of the key components.
• Work with multiple teams using Java development tools to integrate these components of my account.
• Help in every stage of the project lifecycle -- gather requirements, work closely with product, design, develop, test and support the application.
• Recommend engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, code reviews
• Collaborate, communicate with different teams. Work independently and in a team very efficiently.
• Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers for assigned Engineering projects
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Supports business objectives
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
• 6+ years of experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java applications
• Experience with big data methodologies involving Hive/Hadoop/ Spark;
• Experience with Hadoop workflow management using Azkaban, Oozie, Hamake or Cascading
• Hadoop stream processing using Storm/Spark
• Experience with no-sql technologies like Cassandra, couchbase, Flume or Hbase.
• Advanced scripting skills in at least one of the following: Python or Shell and willingness to learn new technologies
• Experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
• Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, etc)
• Experience with Source Code Management Tools (Github)
• Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
• Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
• Experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• Experience developing with web/app containers such as Apache/Tomcat, Nginx
• Experience developing using relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents