- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 967019BR
What you'll do at
- A Data Scientist is responsible for analyzing large data sets to develop custom models and algorithms to drive business solutions. Data Scientists work on project teams in order to provide analytical support to projects (for example, email targeting, business optimization, consumer recommendations) for Walmart eCommerce. Data Scientists are responsible for building large data sets from multiple sources in order to build algorithms for predicting future data characteristics. Those algorithms will be tested, validated, and applied to large data sets. Data Scientists are responsible for training the algorithms so they can be applied to future data sets and provide the appropriate search results. Data Scientists are responsible for researching new trends in the industry and utilizing up-to-date technology (for example, HBase, MapReduce, LAPack, Gurobi) and analytical skills to support their assigned project.
- Build complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally.
- Build learning systems to analyze and filter continuous data flows and offline data analysis.
- Combine data features to determine search models.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develop custom data models to drive innovative business solutions.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine needed improvements.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
- Scale new algorithms to large data sets.
- Train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
- Utilize system tools including (MySQL, Hadoop, Weka, R, Matlab,ILog).
- Validate models and algorithmic techniques.
- Work with cross-functional partners across the business
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents