Project Specialist - ISD
- Location AUSTIN, TX
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 966954BR
What you'll do at
- Creates and delivers presentations on project issues, status, change request and plans to diverse audiences (for example, managers, customers, suppliers, all stakeholders and project staff)
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads business Customers through project management processes in completing paperwork (for example, budgets, staffing plans, change management plans, document of understanding, scope statements, and other required artifacts)
- Manages the execution of small projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in project planning while adhering to the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC) for project management; defining the scope and objectives of project or program; working with business units to identify goals, success criteria, assumptions, risks, and known issues with the project or program; coordinating project planning activities (for example: business requirements, risk assessment, current and desired diagrams, target date) and assembling project management plans; developing staffing plans; ensuring project tasks are executed as defined in the project schedule in order to achieve the project goals; monitoring budgets and costs for projects; incorporating project changes (for example, scope, schedule, costs) into the project plans; and ensuring adherence to established quality standards for the Information Systems Division.
- Provides and supports project planning and implementation
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 6 months experience in information technology or related field within the past 5 years OR 2 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 5 years.
- 1 year project management experience.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents