2018 Summer Intern: E3 Finance & Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting & Finance
- Job Function Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type Internship
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 954537BR
What you'll do at
analysis, and recommendations to senior leadership of the Fortune 1 company. The E3 Internship allows our interns to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and expedite their professional development
This cohort-driven internship affords you opportunities to have exclusive exposure with the CEO, CFO, and Senior Finance Leadership, along with interaction with former MBA alumni who have progressed through the organization. The key summer development events include retail formats immersion, segment strategy deep dives, finance and executive leadership panels, in addition to an instant connection to a global MBA alumni network.
Interns will be placed the Finance and Strategy divisions of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. including Corporate, Walmart US, Walmart International, and Sam’s Club. All placements will be based in Bentonville,
HOW DOES THE INTERNSHIP WORK WITH THE FULL-TIME PROGRAM?
The MBA internship program serves as a pipeline of talent into the Walmart E3 Finance & Strategy Program. As a part of Walmart’s Finance and Strategy E3 MBA rotational program, you’ll have the opportunity to play a strategic role in the biggest transition happening in retail right now. We are transforming our company from the largest brick & mortar retailer into a truly omni-channel experience provider, delivering goods and services to our customers whenever, wherever, and however they want them.
From day one, you will have the opportunity to influence decisions at a Fortune 1 Company delivering almost half-a-trillion dollars in revenue annually. Our ongoing transformation ensures countless challenging projects to tackle, strategies to reshape, and changes to manage. This provides opportunities for individual growth and the need for a strong leadership pipeline. That is why we created The E3 Finance & Strategy Program.
The program is an 18-month rotational leadership and development program designed to accelerate the careers of our associates as they grow into roles as future leaders in Walmart Finance. E3 allows you to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and grow your skills through professional education and development. We are seeking MBAs with a track record of high performance, diverse skills, and professional experience in finance, quantitative, or strategic roles.
• Two 9-month rotations across multiple, unique business areas in Walmart U.S., Sam’s Club, International, eCommerce and Corporate
• Close exposure, including executive roundtables and professional mentoring
• Collaborative environment that facilitates frequent access to senior leadership
• Immersion experiences across our Stores, Clubs, and Supply Chain
• Ongoing technical skill development and individual coaching
• Participates in or leads multiple projects throughout a 10 week summer assignment
• Conducts analysis and drives execution of business plans and projects for Finance and Strategy senior leaders in each business unit: Corporate, Walmart US, Walmart International and Sam’s Club
• Ensures business needs are being met while managing and communicating divisional objectives to senior leadership and business partners
• Regularly monitors trends to provide insight into the competitive environment, potential threats, new customer requirements and future opportunities
• May include responsibilities to drive enterprise-wide strategic planning, oversee the financial planning process, providing financial support to leadership, driving business efficiencies, developing new project concepts, and evaluate scope of the opportunities.
• 3-5 years of professional experience in finance, quantitative, or strategic roles.
• Communication with emphasis on influence of senior leaders and leading multiple teams
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with ambiguity
• Strategic, critical thinking with strong problem-solving skills and common business acumen
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Extreme attention to detail
• Strong research skills
• Authorization to work in US without restrictions
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents