Sr. Manager II, U.S. Pricing Strategy and Merchandise Analytics
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 950255BR
What you'll do at
Come help develop and drive Walmart’s multi-billion-dollar price investment, lead Walmart’s best-in-industry competitive intelligence analytics and insights, and drive Walmart’s competitive response efforts. Welcome to the largest company in the world, where your projects are written about in the WSJ, and competitors scrutinize every price change we make. Help us disrupt an industry, build the world’s first seamless omni-channel shopping experience at scale, and redefine EDLP for the next chapter of Walmart’s growth
• Contribute to ongoing multi-billion-dollar price investment, including influencing and collaborating with cross-functional leadership in Merchandising, Replenishment, Operations, Finance, Marketing, and Corporate Communications
• Help manage Walmart’s competitive response strategy
• Develop the next generation of Walmart’s price investment strategy
• Manage Walmart’s best-in-industry competitive intelligence platform, driving competitive analytics and insights, and making recommendations to more effectively compete
• Drive Walmart’s overall price performance targets across all of merchandising
Key skillsets required:
• Analytical horsepower: Walmart is a data rich environment and candidates should demonstrate an ability to dive deep into data, understand business trends, and recommend a path forward
• Strategic/structured thinking, communication, and influence: Candidates should demonstrate an ability to break down a problem into manageable pieces, structure them into an organized framework, and drive to a recommendation
• General management mindset: Walmart is a large, highly matrixed organization. Candidates should demonstrate a broad business understanding and an ability to work cross-functionally to arrive at and implement recommendations, especially through informal authority
• Results ownership: While all projects include elements of teamwork, candidates should also demonstrate a sense of personal ownership and ability to add value in past experiences
- Bachelor s degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business, Merchandising, Retail Management, Marketing, or related field and 4 years experience in merchandising, retail pricing, sourcing, operations management, finance, marketing, or related field OR 6 years experience in merchandising, retail pricing, sourcing, operations management, finance, marketing, or related field.
- 2 years experience working with cross-functional teams.
- 3 years experience using advanced Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 4 years experience developing financial, marketing, or merchandising strategies.
- 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Master's degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business, Merchandising, Retail Management, Marketing, or related field.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents