Senior Product Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 944195BR
What you'll do at
Walmart's Category Tools team is responsible for the development of internal tools for our Retail Category Team across Walmart’s US eCommerce sites; including Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle.com, Shoes.com and others. These critical tools enable our Category teams to action data and optimize customer experience, search, pricing, fulfillment and more to drive business results.
The team partners with US eCommerce business leadership, our Category leaders, and our Retail Technology Engineering organization to conceptualize, craft, and launch innovative tools and capabilities.
In this role, you will:
• Develop, implement and monitor new data products and corresponding processes that that identify, escalate and resolve customer experience defects in our Retail Category operations
• Own the product strategy for our scalable next generation exception management methodology
• Contribute to one of Walmart’s most important initiatives, working across data science, operations, merchandising and engineering to deliver systems and tools that serve as the "source of truth” of operations quality
• Measure, learn and iterate following each new feature delivery
• Serve as an internal and external evangelist for your product
Who are you
• Strong communicator; able to level up and down on topics with ease
• Passion for launching creative products, services and solutions that enable internal users to enhance the customer experience and improve operations
• Process oriented and data driven, balancing “incremental” and “breakthrough” improvements.
• Ability to process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data to identify root customer experience issues and determine root cause.
• Understand the importance of design and research and how both fit into building new processes and deploying new technologies
• Able to convincingly communicate product vision, solutions and benefits of new tools and processes to our Category teams
• History of successfully influencing through peer teams to achieve breakthroughs
• Think analytically and know how to bring to bear data to prioritize
• Can envision a world different than the status quo and can clearly articulate the path to get there
• Dedicated problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
• Someone people like working with!
- Develops and champions a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for a product area in support of corporate goals and objectives
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Product Management
- Drives the product discovery process for large complex, and/or ambiguous projects
- Manages vendor relationships
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Supports product implementation and deployment for large, complex, and ambiguous projects
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents