Sr. Product Development Specialist, Merch Innovation
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising & Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 943256BR
What you'll do at
The ideal candidate will have product development and merchandising experience. You should be very detail-orientated and organized and have the ability to manage different timelines at once. You should also be able to work cross-functionally with various members of the team and supplier base. You should be a highly motivated self starter with a desire to learn and grow in the position.
• Works independently; manages projects in business area or category from strategy through execution
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Impacts a range of customer, operational, project, retail or service activities within own business area or category
• Maintains specialized knowledge of the company, processes, industry and customers
• Leads a range of assignments related to business area or category
• Solves complex problems; uses analytical and deductive thinking and exercises judgement to create solutions
• Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of consumer product development objectives
• Ensures completion of assigned product development activities (e.g., stakeholder identification, product definition, scope, boundaries, targets and timeline) in the roadmap and monitors against KPIs
• Identifies and elevates issues to consumer product manager that may affect product timelines for the category or business area and recommends potential solutions
• Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of product development strategy and independently executes product development plans
• Suggests additional development opportunities for the product development forecast based on product and category knowledge and interaction with category specialists, suppliers, and related team members
• Performs product research and coordinates with category and related teams to analyze performance and product features within a category or business area
• Identifies industry trends by examining product and sales data for a category or business area to measure impact of existing features and potential areas for improvement
• Collaborates with cross-functional team members in own category or business area (i.e., Marketing, Merchandising, Consumer Insights, Creative Resources) to assist with the execution of product development plans
• 3-5 years of product development or related merchandising experience
Highly organized and detail oriented
Keen eye for trends
Entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude
Strong communication skills
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents