2018 MBA Summer Intern: HR Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Internship
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 941980BR
What you'll do at
Following the $2.7 billion investment in our people announced in February 2016, Walmart has been undergoing an exciting and dynamic transformation in which our associates and customers are at the center of everything we do.
We are looking for two MBA interns to come on board and bring their strategic and analytical minds to help us work through value-add projects. Your manager will work with you to find the best fit project to tackle during this 10-week internship based on the business need, your interests, and the skills you desire to learn over the course of the summer. Depending on the project, interns will have an opportunity to work cross-functionally and with HR departments across the enterprise. Most projects will also entail working with our HR analytics team to help inform your recommendations.
This is Walmart’s first time formally hosting HR MBA interns and we are committed to making sure that you have a worth-while experience. This includes ensuring you are connected with our interns coming to Bentonville for other functions, such as Finance and Merchandising.
What types of assignments can you expect as a full-time associate? The Global People team is designing and driving strategic programs to change the way we work at Walmart with the associate experience at heart of our focus. Examples include:
• Design a new assessment strategy and tools to drive insights-based selection and onboarding of executive talent
• Perform comprehensive needs analysis and assessment to identify and develop an enterprise learning framework that can be delivered at scale
• Develop holistic leadership development programs and customized learning journeys to accelerate development and readiness of our High-Potential talent to drive transformational change
• Roll out a new performance management and compensation philosophy for over 140,000 associates that inspires and recognizes high performance, while differentiating rewards for top talent
• Establish People analytics tools, dashboards and data-driven insights to transform decision-making at Walmart across recruitment, succession planning, learning and performance management
• Prototype, test and roll out new “People Products” that simplify processes, enhance the associate experience, and drive business impact
3-5 years of professional work experience
•Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team
•Strong business communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation – Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
•Ability to identify business problems and solve them using hypothesis and testing with data
•Ability to work through ambiguity and be resourceful
•Strong problem solving and analytical skills
•A growth mindset and the ability to adapt quickly to change
•We have no requirements of previous formal HR or retail experience
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents