Senior Manager, Software Engineering
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 938049BR
What you'll do at
• Work closely with engineering and product leadership to prioritize initiatives to deliver the greatest value to the business.
• Manage software development engineers and lead Engineering projects.
• Effectively handle multiple initiatives and be accountable for delivering multiple releases on schedule with highest quality standards.
• Engage in technical design discussions and also help drive technical architecture.
• Present practical input for strategic technology decisions. Understand complex problems easily and come up with simple, practical, reliable, and maintainable solutions.
• Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet business requirements efficiently with greater reusability and long term vision.
• Support preparation of Technology Roadmap and provide inputs to Business Roadmap.
• Help translation of business requirements into technical needs and actions.
• Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers on technical issues.
• Keep abreast of new technologies and use them to solve the business problems effectively.
• Hire top-notch software engineers, assign, direct, and evaluate their work and performance.
• Coach and mentor first-level managers, tech leads and software engineers through their career growth
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Build an open, positive and energized culture.
• Build a high-performance team and ensure the happiness and productivity of the team.
• Help to mitigate risk (technical, product, personnel)
• Identify, implement, and communicate best practices, design/coding standards for engineering
• Establish consistent design patterns. Develop large-scale, complex, cross-functional features for Walmart International.
• Supports continuous process improvement and innovation
• Improve technology agility using Service Oriented Architecture, Micro services, Behavior driven development, Machine learning, CI/CD, every day code push to production etc.
• Drive root cause analysis of critical business and production issues to prevent future occurrences. Review and approve potential solutions. Establish performance standards and conduct regular performance audits and take action.
• Collaborate with QA, other engineering teams, Product, UX and Technical Support teams.
• Work with globally located teams.
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Develops and manages budget in area of responsibility
• Manage independent software contractors and outsourcing partners.
• Act as scrum master for one or more scrum teams
• 10+ years professional work experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in building complex, highly scalable, high volume, low latency and cloud agnostic applications. 3+ years of experience in managing eCommerce applications.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in running engineering teams of 10+ engineers, and coaching, mentoring individuals to grow in their career.
• Extensive experience building services using Java EE, Spring, XML/JSON, JMS, WADL etc.
• Experience with web/app containers such as Apache/Tomcat, Jboss or related skill.
• Prior experience developing and/or architecting cloud-hosted backend services
• Experience with functional and reactive programming for backend services
• Experience with SOA, Object Oriented Design, various design patterns, Micro services, Behavior driven development, CI/CD.
• Experience/Familiarity with RDBMS, NoSQL and Big Data technologies
• Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment.
• Experience in distributed/scalable systems. Ability to design high performance applications/services
• Experience in Agile Methodology.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people with a variety of skills, disciplines, experience, and personalities.
• Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
• Must have a willingness and ability to travel internationally approximately 5% of the time to meet the teams in UK and India.
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups.
• Full stack development experience.
• Experience in cloud based technologies.
• Experience in Apache Camel, Drools, CXF, Hadoop, Spark.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents