Optical Lab Maint Technician
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Distribution Centers
- Job Function Warehousing - Hourly
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type -
- Requisition 936160BR
What you'll do at
- Assist in the usage and disposal of hazardous materials and waste (i.e., optical coating waste, optical alloy waste, petroleum products, pharmaceutical waste) according to company policies and procedures.
- Assist other maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Clean and maintain equipment, tools and work area.
- Communicate with Customers, suppliers and other Wal-Mart associates
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures.
- Maintain and repair building facilities (for example, plumbing, construction, painting).
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Perform preventive and basic maintenance and repairs on equipment (i.e., production equipment, lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, HVAC units) facility and grounds according to procedures, using precision measurement equipment (i.e Volt Ohm Meters, calipers, micrometers, sag gauge).
- Read and understand technical drawings (for example, blueprints, hydraulic/pneumatic/electronic/mechanical schematics) to repair/maintain equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic problems with equipment where repair is visible or obvious.
- Troubleshoot complex problems with equipment where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
- 2 years of experience repairing/maintaining optical, pharmaceutical, mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial setting
- Experience working with blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals and previous experience in construction, industrial, production or manufacturing environment
- 4 years of experience repairing/maintaining optical, mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial setting
- American Board of Opticianry (ABO) certification
- Completion of course work in the following areas (General Print Reading, Introduction to Electronics, Introduction to Electricity, Centrifugal and Positive Displacement Pumps, Fundamentals of Digital Electronics)
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents