Senior Design Researcher, SamsClub
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 934915BR
What you'll do at
We need your Research expertise to support key strategic initiatives in the Sam’s Club eCommerce Division. You’ll help the team define customer needs, then work with our partners to conceive and deliver engaging customer experiences. You will develop and own research projects from start to finish.
The right fit is someone who is a compelling storyteller, focused on crafting effective experiences in the eCommerce space. We’re looking for a researcher who will dive deep into our customers’ mindsets and help ensure our design solutions are both grounded and validated.
What You'll Do:
• Help transform complex problems into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers around the world.
• Moderate live studies and un-moderated studies.
• Incorporate research & metrics from other sources into your work to deliver actionable recommendations that inform design and business strategy.
• Balance speed of findings with quality, and strive to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• Present, communicate, and negotiate, and always look for additional opportunities to improve.
• Relentless curiosity with the desire to understand the interconnectedness of users, decisions, and actions.
• Experience translating insight into action. You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through your thoughtful & actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
• A developed and solid research approach when presented with a design or business problem, with action to experiment and learn how to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer – and you’re excited to work with your peers on your research approach.
• Collaborate with other researchers, designers, content strategists, architects, product managers, and engineers to help transform complex problems into easy-to-use products. You figure out how to best address our research goals & questions so your partners don’t have to.
• Ability to manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business. You can work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
• Strong presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Passion for developing research programs on your own and engaging constructive feedback from senior design leaders and managers.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Anthropology, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, or other related field and 4 years of User Research experience, or a Master’s degree.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents