Principal, Design Researcher - Mexico
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 932117BR
What you'll do at
The UX Design team is crafting user experiences for Walmart Mexico customers who shop online on our sites from their desktops and mobile devices. It’s all about the user experience from ideation, exploring experience design concepts, to prototyping and testing. Our design teams include strategists, researchers, architects and designers who build delightful site experiences and apps. It’s very exciting and deeply rewarding to see products in our users’ hands.
We need your Research expertise to support key strategic initiatives in Walmart’s Mexico eCommerce Division. You’ll help the Mexico team define customer needs, then work with our partners in UX, Business, Product, and Engineering to conceive and deliver engaging customer experiences. You will develop and own research & testing roadmaps for 5 platforms from start to finish.
The right fit is someone who is a compelling storyteller, focused on crafting effective experiences in the eCommerce space. We’re looking for a strong principal researcher who will dive deep into our customers’ mindsets and help ensure our design solutions are both grounded and validated.
- Help transform complex problems into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers around the world.
- Moderate live studies and un-moderated studies.
- Incorporate research & metrics from other sources into your work to deliver actionable recommendations that inform design and business strategy.
- Work with research partners (analytics & marketing research) to gather existing data and coordinate research efforts
- Balance speed of findings with quality, and strive to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the International eCommerce business.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Present, communicate, and negotiate, and always look for additional opportunities to improve.
About the opportunity
Walmart Mexico and Central America is uniquely positioned to lead the next gen eCommerce world-wide by relying on its unique footprint in the region across its 2,200 stores in 4 store brands to innovate and deliver world-class experience in eCommerce, Retail and Omnichannel shopping. We’re building new teams in Mexico City, Sunnyvale California and Bangalore to accelerate our growth and achieve leadership position in the market. We are innovating around various levels of customer propositions with the range of brands with build: from high-end shopping with Superama to Membership-based commerce at Sam’s Club all the way to everyday low prices at Walmart (Groceries and General Merchandise) and Bodega Aurrera.
- Ability to plan, conduct, analyze and report out on a variety of user research studies, most importantly iterative and summative lab-based usability testing (in-person or remote). You have experience moderating live studies and how they are applied in a dynamic organization.
- Relentless curiosity with the desire to understand the interconnectedness of users, decisions, and actions.
- Experience translating insight into action. You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through your thoughtful & actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
- A developed and solid research approach when presented with a design or business problem, with action to experiment and learn how to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer – and you’re excited to work with your peers on your research approach.
- Collaborate with other researchers, designers, content strategists, architects, product managers, engineers and vendors to help transform complex problems into easy-to-use products. You figure out how to best address our research goals & questions so your partners don’t have to.
- Ability to manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business. You can work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Strong presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Passion for developing research programs on your own and engaging constructive feedback from senior Design leaders and managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Anthropology, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, or other related field and 5 years of User Research experience, or a Master’s degree.
- Spanish – preferred. At the minimum willingness to learn and invest in acquiring working knowledge in Spanish.
- Experience with field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, and competitive testing is also preferred.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents