Sr Manager Sourcing Packaged Goods - Private Brands
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising & Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 927616BR
What you'll do at
o Support activities related to sourcing private label product through all sourcing paths by developing and implementing a streamlined process for product development and delivery.
o Lead and execute core negotiation strategies and discussions with suppliers in order to achieve optimum supply of products for the lowest cost.
o Observe and manage commodity fluctuations and impact on cost through successful negotiation and long-term sourcing strategies.
o Manage the timely completion of key milestones necessary for downstream functions by conducting root cause analyses.
o Liaise between category teams and product development teams on issues related to product specifications or global design packs.
o Identifies suppliers based on their alignment with product technical specifications by obtaining information on quality standards from Technical Services and Product Development for specialized, complex, or high risk categories; partnering with Product Development to develop final product specifications based on required aesthetics, branding, and customer expectations; executing Walmart's global leverage strategy to ensure optimal quality and cost across multiple retail markets; identifying potential obstacles; and leveraging existing knowledge and best practices to drive consistency and standardization of sourcing across suppliers.
o Build the supplier matrix for designated strategic business unit (SBU) categories by managing processes for on-boarding new suppliers and maintaining existing suppliers.
o Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs.
o Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application.
o Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field and 3 years’ experience in sourcing, supply chain, merchandising, or related field OR
• 5 years’ experience in sourcing, supply chain, merchandising, finance or related field
• 4 years’ experience in global sourcing
• 4 years’ manufacturing experience
• 3 years’ experience working in multi-national / multi-functional teams
• 2 years’ experience in planning and managing budgets
• Proven experience in negotiating / supplier management
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents