User Experience Designer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising & Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 926583BR
What you'll do at
As a Designer, you'll be asked to create design comps, interactions and specs that meet the needs of the task at hand. To do this you’ll use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other architects, designers, content strategists, researchers, product managers and engineers.
You’ve created business and consumer product experiences for different channels and platforms, often working with senior UX leaders and managers to complete these projects.
You love to solve complex problems and work closely with others who feel the same, and your solutions merge with a larger structure to create a cohesive design ecosystem.
When you look at Walmart.com, you see multiple easy ways we could restructure our ad experiences to be more delightful and engaging in the customer decision journey throughout the funnel across device types and you’re excited to tell us about them.
Skills You’ll Have:
• Strong tendency towards visual thinking – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts.
• Grasp of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (E.g. Typography, color, space, contrast)
• The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent web site.
• Capability to adhere to team processes and standards, while contributing ideas for improvement.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• Some experience creating process flows, site maps, wireframes, screen prototypes, and functional specifications.
• Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• Strong presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Familiar with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
• 2 years’ experience in media, advertising or related field.
• 1 year experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents