Technical Engineer-ISD East
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 925885BR
What you'll do at
• Contributes to the development of job function strategy
• Impacts the direction and resource allocation for programs or services; works within general organization policies and e-commerce/retail/technology industry guidelines
• Identifies technical strategies, processes, and best practices for the department.
• Translates business needs into technical requirements.
• Mentors senior engineers in the practice of software architecture and technical leadership.
• Member of agile team and requires expert level skills in technology stacks used
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Leads and participates in projects
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Participates in the discovery phase of projects to develop high-level design
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Provides recommendations on strategies, processes and best practices for the department
• Provides support to business partners
• Recognized as a technical expert and requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in business and technical skillsets
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 7 years experience in computer programming, software development or related field OR Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 computer programming, software development or related field.
• Knowledgeable in Java development on Window and Linux stack
• Experienced in micro-service architecture and design, REST and SOAP service implementations using asynchronous communication patterns
• Strong working knowledge of modern database technologies, specifically SQL Server 2008 or later, Couchbase, Casandra, etc..
• Working experience in Scalable agile framework methodologies, specifically Scrum and Kanban.
• Working experience with implementing DevOps within an organization
• Strong working knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and techniques and design patterns
• Strong knowledge in software development theory and practice
• Enthusiasm, curiosity, energy, perseverance and the desire to solve big problems
• Experience developing hybrid applications (Ionic, React Native, Cordova, etc.)
• Experience implementing continuous integration and delivery models
• Experience with build automation (Jenkins, Team City, etc.)
• Experience with deploying to cloud architecture
• Experience with Automation testing using Selenium
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents