- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 925347BR
What you'll do at
- An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Maintains and advances industry expertise by reviewing new technologies; and participating in continuing education and training (for example,
relevant industry certifications, forums).
Provides direction and coordination between large projects and the technical execution plan by converting requirements into viable technical
solutions; assisting in the development and evaluation of detailed technical specifications, performance criteria, and test criteria; assisting project
management with timeline creation; evaluating and recommending vendor products; ensuring regulatory compliance; developing implementation
procedures and standards; and integrating third-party solutions into the Wal-Mart environment.
Leads system design process and solution development by conducting feasibility studies, prototype construction, and/or optimization analyses;
participating in project artifact and technical reviews; challenging suppliers to improve technology; and researching technology and software
development for improved information technology solutions.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Information Systems Division (ISD) by identifying customer and operational needs;
developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources;
identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating
adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Mentors information technology Associates by conducting individual training; participating in area development meetings; and assisting teams in the
resolution of complex technical issues.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work
environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching
for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to
others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business
partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness;
and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 6 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years OR 8 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years.
- Experience working with Meta Integration bridge is a plus
- Experience and/or very good understanding of industry standard Metadata and Governance tools like IGC (Information Governance Catalogue), Collibra, etc
- Passion for Metadata and lead multiple Metadata and Governance projects involving different business and technical teams
- Analysis & Hands on experience on Data Cleansing/Data Lineages/Data Integrity/Remediation Process.
- Hand on experience in building background scripts, automation of data harvesting, wrapper scripts, etc
- Understanding of Java, API development, scripting languages like Python, Unix Scripting, etc is a plus
- Schedule and monitor metadata collection and adhere to standards
- Take ownership of multiple business domains and maintain accuracy of metadata
Experience in Data governance and Data Quality concepts and implementation.
Familiar with Big Data platforms such as HANA, HADOOP, Teradata- SQL
Strong experience in Scheduling, scripts
Need experience in architectural concepts, designing and building complex platforms
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents