Group Product Manager
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 922811BR
What you'll do
You will be joining us as a Group Product Manager for ASDA Groceries and manage Grocery Fulfil and Care pillars, specifically driving the Product Roadmap. You will lead a global Product Management team and working with wider distributed teams of on- shore and off-shore. You will work with stakeholders in ASDA and Walmart International eCommerce on how to exploit the capabilities of the Product and Engineering teams to best meet their business targets
• As Group Product Manager, you will be the lead for the Grocery Fulfil and Care Pillars. At the heart of everything you do, you will be required to keep the customer at the forefront of your thinking, and will manifest this in the customer experiences you and your team create.
• Drive a culture of innovation and pace to the team and function, seeking to ensure we are at the forefront of customer adoption trends
• Working cross-functionally with business and technology teams, you will be required to bring together multiple stakeholders, with the aim of defining the technology product roadmap for Fulfil and Care Pillars.
• Define an approach to keep close to emerging technologies and vendors, selecting opportunities for proposal to senior leadership, and inclusion to future roadmaps
• By using data and metrics, you'll define a culture based upon continuous improvement, and aligned to the creation of a product roadmap with clear step and incremental benefits
• Ensuring stakeholder communities have a vehicle for engaging with product and roadmap prioritization, at levels of detail appropriate to their roles
• Close accountability for the prioritization of scope delivered by offshore teams, across the global technology platform community
• You will be an evangelist for Agile frameworks, keeping pace with change, and enhancing operating models where the opportunities arise
• You will have full accountability for the adoption of new products, features, and technologies and will work closely with the Projects and Portfolio team as a partnership to ensure successful delivery.
• Working collaboratively across the global Walmart family, you will be engaged with a number of different countries and cultures
• You will be required to represent & communicate across multiple concurrent work streams, ensuring that business stakeholders are regularly appraised of product development progress
• You will act as a coach and mentor for your team, driving a focus on behaviors, communications, and ways of working
• Play a leading role alongside the ASDA and Walmart business to ensuring effective visibility and communication to all stakeholders
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in eCommerce applications.
• A proven Product Leader with a passion for Digital technology innovation to drive Customer and Commercial benefit.
• Ability to join the dots between business objectives and shaping technology solutions to drive commercial / customer opportunities
• Substantial experience in software Product Management working with distributed teams both on-shore and off-shore
• A strong background agile and proven experience leading teams through the Agile lifecycle and delivery
• Proven line management skills with effective leadership experience acting as coach and mentor
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents