Group Product Manager, Walmart Mexico
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 921891BR
What you'll do
We are looking for a hands-on, results-oriented Group Product Management to drive from inception to execution one of our Mexico eCommerece platforms and websites in Walmart Mexico and Central America (Walmex). You’ll be driving eCommerce features and Sales, innovating around repeat-purchase and Subscriptions, creating customer-centric environment and you’ll define how to create the ultimate user experience to empower our customers, members and business owners to save money and time so they can live better. Best of all, you’ll be part of the founding members of this newly created team, early enough to hold an influential leadership position where you play a key role in our success in the years ahead.
• A strategic and seasoned product leader with strong ecommerce instincts, business acumen, analytical skills and judgment. You are highly motivated by the idea of building Product Management team and creating from the ground up the roadmap for our websites, across all its aspects.
• Your cadence is a perfect match for the fast pace of Walmart Labs and you’re equally comfortable getting into the details of what it takes to get a great experience out the door as you are thinking about longer-term product and business strategy for our eCommerce and Retail assets.
• You welcome the opportunity to dig into data, talk to users, build the roadmap, and deliver products and features, while working with cross-functional teams including Engineering, UX, Operations, Supply-chain, and Marketing.
• You excited to become a global leader within our organization: collaborate with our Product and Engineering teams in Sunnyvale, CA (USA), developed deep relationships with our Business and UX Teams in Mexico City and drive execution and innovation out of our Mexico and Bangalore offices working shoulder to shoulder with our Engineering, UX and Product teams. International travel is inherent requirement with this role, at least 25% of the time.
• You are an influential leader with vision. Your eCommerce acumen, shopper empathy, and technical depth carry weight when working across business units in the organization.
What you’ll get to do?
• Drive the product vision and roadmap
• Build short-term and long-term strategic product plans that consider user needs, business needs and the broader competitive landscape.
• Product lifecycle management from customer research to concept working across departments to execute, and support company objectives and KPIs
• Start as a Principal Product Manager (Individual Contributor) and after establishing the function building from the ground-up and managing a small team of PMs and designers, with coaching, mentoring and setting them up for success.
• Lead the effort to develop clear and compelling product requirements / user stories for new and existing product initiatives, enhancements, with business justification, revenue potential, and operational impact.
• Collaborate with Senior Management to translate company objectives into functional goals
• Create clear, compelling presentations to product, engineering and the company around key initiatives and how they relate to the company vision
• Monitor product adoption, proactively identifying opportunities and making actionable recommendations to drive product uptake and effectiveness
• Ensure we ship high quality products, in a timely, focused manner, including product prioritization and planning, execution, quality of design and build, set estimates for release, and hitting them.
• Build and manage our team in terms of recruiting, hiring, coaching and training our existing people.
• Own funnel metrics for product launches, active users/members, engagement, and satisfaction.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field and 5 years of experience in product management, business consulting, or related field OR MBA and 3+ years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field.
• 2+ years of experience leading a product management team.
• Real hands-on experience designing and building a product management process in a growing company, and evolving it over time.
• Solid background and understanding of eCommerce and Retail.
• Prior experience building and growing eCommerce websites and apps.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents