Software Engineer III, Mobile
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 920611BR
What you'll do at
We are results focused and expect our engineers to be involved in all parts of the product development from product requirements and design to implementation and quality assurance. We follow and adapt new technologies and our work includes challenges in the areas of security, geo-location, payments, scalability and architecture.
We are looking to grow our team with native Android and iOS developers who are passionate and are looking to learn and grow in a team-oriented environment.
We take great pride in our entrepreneurial culture and the strength of our engineering team. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you about joining us.
• Demonstrate up to date expertise in Software Engineering and Computer Science and apply it to development of cutting edge mobile applications.
• Participate as an individual contributor in the design and implementation of features and modules in iOS or Android native applications.
• Show full accountability and ownership of code and user experience quality.
• Optimize and refactor of existing code base as needed to ensure that our customers don’t experience any production issues while using our apps.
• Provide technical leadership to teams of 3-5 engineers.
• Represent engineering team in technical and architectural discussions with other engineering teams.
• Contribute to improvements in our engineering process.
• Lead engineering execution of smaller projects/initiatives
• 2+ years of mobile application development experience.
• Excellent skills in Objective-C/Swift (iOS) or Java/Kotlin (Android)
• Excellent knowledge of the iOS or Android platform and the associated tool chain.
• Experience of shipping one or more iOS or Android applications.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
• Experience with unit testing, UI testing and test automation.
• Ability and drive to learn and apply new technologies.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents