Senior Manager, Category Marketing - Video Games and Media
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing & Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 907260BR
What you'll do
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical, creative, and organized growth marketer who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
•Develop category specific, customer-centric, marketing plans with attention to detail; focused on driving awareness, acquisition and retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, and retention teams to ensure we’re meeting business objectives and supporting key marketing strategies, launching on time and within budget.
•Leverage internal creative team and agencies to build breakthrough creative to drive category adoption and growth.
•Work closely with colleagues in marketing, retail, and product to support overall Walmart.com vision for growth – ensure we are supporting and telling a cohesive story through retail marketing efforts.
•Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design). Collaborate heavily with retail category teams.
•Build, track, and monitor category-specific marketing performance; manage campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams and agencies when needed); track to specific forecast and budget.
•Grow an understanding of consumer habits for your categories (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
•Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your categories marketing across Walmart.com cross-functional teams.
•Develop a deep understanding of Walmart's media calendar, on-site and mobile properties, and opportunities, to speak effectively to our internal and external partners to grow the business.
•Partner with internal and external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, and senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, and material impact.
•Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners.
•Develops and manages key supplier partnerships on new and existing marketing initiatives
•Develops annual plan(s)
•Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
•Ensures business needs are being met
•Manages marketing budgets
•Manages the development and execution of large-scale marketing initiatives (for example, on-site merchandising, advertising, store integration)
•Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
•Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Develops and manages key supplier partnerships on new and existing marketing initiatives
- Develops annual plan(s)
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Manages marketing budgets
- Manages the Walmart brand
- Manages the development and execution of large-scale marketing initiatives (for example, on-site merchandising, advertising, store integration)
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Experience working cross-functionally and building plans both top-down and bottoms-up.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
• Sharp creative eye, experience testing and learning messaging and creative.
• Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
• Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure.
• Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
• Knowledge of and interest in eCommerce customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing.
• Experience conceptualizing and executing integrated marketing strategies which target a passionate and diverse customer base a plus.
• BA/BS degree
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents