Software Engineer III - Big Data/Machine Learning
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 905876BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsThe Retail Core Technology team of engineers, data scientists and product leaders are responsible for the analytics, tools and platforms to support our merchandizing strategies including competitive intelligence, algorithmic pricing, product catalog, marketplace and product search.
We are looking for a Big Data Software Engineer for the Product Catalog team. Are you a self-motivated, passionate engineer with a "can do" attitude, who dreams of building great things? If so, we are looking for you. If you are hired, you will be doing one or more of the following:
• Participate in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design and creative solutions.
• Work on small to large-sized complex projects and build new features and/or capabilities.
• Implement highly scalable modules/components for data ingestion, precomputation/analytics pipelines.
• Support the implementation of solutions for business use cases.
• Follow the engineering best practices and deliver “opensource” like quality code.
• Comply with company policies and procedures and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Use your debugging and troubleshooting skills to determine the root causes of issues and resolve them.
• Strong aptitude for writing efficient code
• Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 0-3 years of experience.
• Experience with any other NoSQL solutions, Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Kafka would be a plus
• Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Perl, Python, Shell, Bash, or Ruby
• Experience with Ecommerce applications and/or building highly scalable systems.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents