Senior Architect, Engineering
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 904292BR
What you'll do
You will be joining us as a Senior/Chief Architect for ASDA Groceries and GM eCommerce platforms. You would focus on providing architectural guidance and ensure the technical solutions are implemented in the right way across multiple projects and Scrum teams in the US, UK and India. We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skills, technology vision, and the ability to lead teams through technology challenges while driving the teams towards target architecture. You will also be responsible for leading end to end architecture of ASDA Groceries and GM eCommerce platforms, creating technology vision, and work with the architects from multiple cross functional tracks to realize the technology vision.
As a Senior/Chief Architect, you will:
• Work closely with engineering managers, Architects, product managers and business teams to architect technology solutions to meet the business and technology vision.
• Understand complex problems easily and come up with simple, practical, reliable, and maintainable solutions.
• Improve technology agility using Service Oriented Architecture, Micro services, Behavior driven development, Machine learning, CI/CD, every day code push to production etc.
• Explore opportunities to refine the current architecture. For example - break existing monolithic applications into micro service architectures, build new micro services using industry standard open source frameworks, building reusable services and components that can be used by other international eCommerce platforms.
• Lead the technical architecture across multiple scrum teams to ensure compliance to the target architecture. Work with the teams to ensure there is no deviation from the architecture vision
• Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers on technical issues.
• Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet business requirements efficiently with greater reusability and long term vision.
• Promote and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization. Prepare and maintain architecture documentation and other living documents that reflect architecture vision
• Define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards.
• Keep abreast of new technologies and use them to solve the business problems effectively
• Assist with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
• Facilitate technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
• Develop the logical and technical architecture for project and platform initiatives, and collaborates with project teams to realize them.
• Keeps track of architectural debts and works with product managers to prioritize and mitigate them
• Identify necessary non-functional requirements (performance, security, reusability, and operational concerns) and participate in the development of conceptual architecture.
• Evaluate technology, security, performance, availability, and interoperability requirements and produce high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure.
• Contribute performance, security, and operational items to the backlog of development team and work with product managers to prioritize them
• Recommend options for the resolution/prevention of technical debt and to facilitate rapid development and implementation.
• Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal use of the technology to meet business needs.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable, high volume, low latency and cloud agnostic applications. 3 years of experience in architecting/developing eCommerce applications.
• Extensive experience building services using Java EE, Spring, XML/JSON, JMS, WADL etc.
• Solid hands-on technical understanding and grasp of technologies for the web environment and mobile apps
• Experience with mobile app development languages and frameworks for iOS or Android
• Experience with functional and reactive programming for web, mobile and backend services
• Experience with SOA, Object Oriented Design, various design patterns, Micro services, Behavior driven development, CI/CD.
• Experience/Familiarity with RDBMS, NoSQL and Big Data technologies
• Strong aptitude for writing efficient, extensible and readable code.
• Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment.
• Experience in distributed/scalable systems. Ability to design high performance applications/services
• Experience in Agile Methodology.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people with a variety of skills, disciplines, experience, and personalities.
• Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
• Must have a willingness and ability to travel internationally approximately 10% of the time to meet the teams in UK and India.
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups.
• Experience in conducting POCs using emerging technologies.
• Full stack development experience.
• Experience in cloud based technologies.
• Experience in Apache Camel, Drools, CXF, Hadoop, Spark.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents