Senior Manager, Last Mile Transportation Strategy
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Supply Chain & Logistics
- Team Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 900385BR
What you'll do atWho we are: we sit within the Transportation group in the Supply Chain branch of Walmart eCommerce, headquartered in San Bruno, CA. Our focus is on tackling one of the largest opportunity areas in eCommerce which is metaphorically known as the last mile, or the final step of the supply chain that delivers a customer’s order. Our team ideates, analyzes, plans, builds, launches, iterates, and improves initiatives in this logistical area that leverage Walmart’s competitive advantages (e.g. Associate Delivery). We are looking for talented, creative, and motivated individuals who are seeking challenges and to shape the future of eCommerce!
• Communication skills – Candidate should have strong verbal (such as leading meetings and presenting) and written communication skills (email, presentations, etc.). Given the highly cross-functional nature of the projects this team leads, the ability to manage multiple parties’ expectations, build relationships, persuade, and influence key partners in Jet.com/Walmart Corporate to gain alignment/buy-in is essential
• Project/program management – strong organizational skills typical of successful project/program managers are key to ensure collaboration and lead cross-functional projects to completion by supporting design phases, pushing key analyses, driving scalable and efficient solutions, monitoring progress, creating reporting frameworks, and ensuring timely completion
• Strategic mindset – ability to think strategically and holistically about opportunities while maintaining a systematic perspective within specific projects and across Last Mile Transportation. Candidate must be able to frame issues, recognize dependencies, consider sequencing and other key inputs, prioritize solutions, and provide recommendations
• Team player – besides collaborating with key partners, candidates must thrive in environments where strong engagement and results are required by building on others ideas, coordinating efforts, and sharing workloads
• Independent leaders – ability to work autonomously to manage multiple projects at the same time and drive results. Self-motivated personalities who are eager to “take the ball and run with it” thrive in our team. Candidate will not limit herself/himself to providing recommendations but just as importantly taking ownership, executing, and driving results
• Desire to learn and explore – curious individuals who continuously ask themselves “Why?” and “What if…?” thrive in our team. Associates who thrive in this role are comfortable working in fast-paced environment with high uncertainty, look for opportunities to learn more about the ever-changing world, and constantly imagine where we could go. A passion for solving Last Mile challenges while building or leveraging Walmart’s capabilities would reflect this desire
• 5+ years’ experience successfully leading teams in transportation, logistics, supply chain, or related industry
• Strong communication (written, via presentations, and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Project/program management and/or consulting experience
• Excel and PowerPoint mastery
• MS or MBA background (preferred)
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents