Medical Assistant - Full Time - Florence, SC
- Location FLORENCE, SC
- Department Care Clinic
- Team -
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Hourly
- Requisition 895716BR
What you'll doWalmart is the world's largest company by revenue, as well as the largest private employer in the world with 2.3 million employees. With that stability and an innovative vision to disrupt the healthcare industry we are finding ways every day to provide quality care to help our patients “Save Money and Live Better.”
If you haven’t already, you will soon discover that we are putting the CARE back in HEALTHCARE by putting the patient first. Creating a healthcare experience where patients can find convenient and affordable primary care service for the entire family- without sacrificing quality - is the heart of Walmart Care Clinics business.
In this role you will use your skills, education, and experience to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals in retail healthcare and will give you the tools and support to provide a clean, fast, and friendly environment that leaves our patients smiling as they leave. At the end of the day, you will walk away with job satisfaction that you are making an impact in your community and advancing your career as medical professional at the world’s largest company. Join our team at Walmart Care Clinics and come see why our people make the difference.
- Position Description
- Completes work assignments and priorities
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Ensures the proper delivery of patient care
- Provides administrative support to Walmart Care Clinics (WCCs)
- Represents the company in healthcare quality, compliance, and customer service
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Certified Medical Assistant where required by law.
- Graduated from an accredited medical assistant program.
- 1 year's experience in a primary care clinic, community care clinic, family care practice, or retail healthcare clinic.
- 1 year's experience in phlebotomy and lab specimen processing.
- 1 year's experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 1 year's experience with Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and International Classification of Diseases (ICD) coding.
- 1 year's experience with electronic medical record (EMR) systems.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents