Senior Manager, Software Engineering
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 894188BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsLooking for an experienced engineering manager to lead Walmart’s Search Big Data team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of highly talented engineers to shape the future of search big data systems, using cutting-edge technologies to solve challenging problems critical to our core business.
- Effectively handle multiple initiatives and be accountable for delivering multiple releases on schedule with highest quality standards
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership to prioritize initiatives to deliver the greatest value to the business
- Technical Leadership: Drive high-level architectural decisions and designs based on business priorities and requirements
- People Management: Coach and mentor first-level managers and tech leads
- Identify, implement, and communicate best practices for engineering
- Build a high-performance team
- 10+ years professional work experience
- 4+ years experience of using big data technologies (i.e. Spark/Kafka/Cassandra/Hadoop/Hive, etc…) to build large scale data pipelines
- Experience working in Java or Python ecosystem
- 3-5 years experience running engineering teams of 5+ engineers, and coaching, mentoring individuals to grow in their career. Strong problem-solving skills – both in the technology and leadership/influence areas.
- Allergic to micromanagement, manage team by giving context, delegating, and watching amazing people exceed your expectations.
- Thorough understanding of the agile software development processes with distributed development teams and proven experience in delivering complex projects on time with high quality
- Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization, time management abilities, and a focus on execution.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and leadership experience -- leading meetings, presenting, building high performing teams, and being a cross-functional leader.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents