MgrAP(F,GFullMDC,I,J,R,WDC,RC)(Relocation Considered for Lateral Move
- Location OTTAWA, KS
- Department Distribution Centers
- Team Warehousing - Management
- Employment Type Salaried FT
- Position Salary
- Requisition 887871BR
What you'll do
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Drive and implement the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety) and implement operational improvements.
- Forecast staffing, workload and performance results to meet business demands for workload and performance results for area of responsibility.
- Identify and ensure associate, customer and supplier concerns are resolved, using own judgment or consulting others when needed.
- Monitor and ensure area of responsibility's compliance with Logistics and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives
- Oversees warehouse daily operations
- Prepare, review, and/or analyze business reports, and use information to identify operational improvements (e.g., production, quality, safety).
- Supervise and manage associates and leaders in area of responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management, Criminal Justice, Safety, Environmental) and 1 year experience in an operations/distribution/logistics/retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees for multiple departments / areas OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Asset Protection Area Manager OR 3 years in a management role in Asset Protection or safety field developing and executing strategies to reduce accidents and minimize loss (e.g., accident prevention, theft deterrence, safety, fire protection and environmental management) supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Operations Manager.
- 1 year experience monitoring and managing compliance with local, state, and federal regulations (e.g., OSHA, EPA, DOT, FDA, DEA)
- Both Bachelor's Degree in an industry related field (e.g. Criminal Justice, Criminology, Safety, Environmental) and 3 years in a management role in any industry supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees
- Certification in an Asset Protection related field (e.g. Loss Prevention Professional (LPP), Certified Forensic Investigator (CFI), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Occupational Safety & Health Technologist (OHST))
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents