Senior Manager, Category Analytics - Entertainment
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Planning / Business Analytics / Pricing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 884135BR
What you'll do
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
This Individual will be tacking problems in the areas of profitability, assortment, pricing, and Supply chain (among others) as it relates to the categories.
• Provide business intelligence and reporting in the areas of retail, marketing and customer analytics. Specifically:
• Evaluate and define metrics and frameworks
• Understand root causes of changes in metrics and communicate insights effectively
•Identify levers to move key metrics
• Build and automate dashboards and reports
• Conduct in depth research and provide quantitative analysis to evaluate new projects and business opportunities
• Collabroate with category owners and leaders to uncover challenges and turn them into data driven solutions
• Work with the larger data science and core analytics team to inform and develop solutions to improve internal workflows and tooling
• Mentor and train category specialists and managers to use data and tools to improve their business performance
How you’ll know it’s right:
• If you want to shape the future of e-commerce by working with one of the richest data sets in the world
• If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
• If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies around where the only constant is change.
• Minimum 3+ years doing quantitative analysis based on large amounts of data
• Minimum 2+ years of Advanced SQL, Tableau (or similar) and Excel skills.
• Demonstrated ability to transform business challeges to specific analytical reports and tools
• Self starter and exceptional problem solving skills
• Bachelor Degree in Math, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related quantitative field.
• Understanding of statistical analysis; experience with packages, such as R, Python, SAS etc.
• Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
• eCommerce experience
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents