Multi-Skilled Maintenance-Optical Manufacturing Wed-Sat 5:40Am-5:30PM
- Location FAYETTEVILLE, AR
- Department Optical
- Team -
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Hourly
- Requisition 879230BR
What you'll do
- Assist and train other maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist in the usage and disposal of hazardous materials and waste (for example, optical coating waste, optical alloy waste, petroleum products, pharmaceutical waste) according to company policies and procedures.
- Clean and maintain equipment, tools and work area.
- Communicate with Customers, suppliers and other Wal-Mart associates
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Maintain and repair building facilities ((i.e., plumbing, construction, painting).
- Manage projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Perform preventive, basic and advanced maintenance and repairs on equipment (for example, production equipment, lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, HVAC units), facility and grounds according to procedures.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Read, understand and develop technical drawings (for example, blueprints, hydraulic/pneumatic/electronic/mechanical schematics) to repair, maintain and upgrade equipment.
- Research and contact suppliers to make needed repairs or upgrades on production and support equipment.
- Troubleshoot complex mechanical/electrical/electronic problems with optical equipment, logic controls, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs), where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
- 5 years of experience repairing/maintaining optical, pharmaceutical, mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial setting and experience working with blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals OR course work or certification in welding, electrical, mechanical, or industrial electronics and 2 years of experience repairing/maintaining optical, pharmaceutical, mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial setting and experience working with blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals AND previous experience in a construction, industrial, production or manufacturing environment.
- American Board of Opticianry (ABO) certification
- Associate's Degree in an Applied Technology field (for example, electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, industrial maintenance, industrial technologies)
- Both 7 years of experience repairing/maintaining optical, pharmaceutical, mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial setting and experience working with blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals
- Completion of course work in the following areas (General Print Reading, Introduction to Electronics, Introduction to Electricity, Centrifugal and Positive Displacement Pumps, Fundamentals of Digital Electronics) and completion of course work in the following areas (Applied Digital Electronics, Alternating Current (AC) Circuits, Direct Current (DC) Circuits, Motors and Transformers, Solid State Theory, Electrical Print Reading, Mechanical Print Reading, Process and Instrumentation Drawings)
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents