Associate Manager, Merchandising
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 875572BR
What you'll doAre you looking to shape the future of online grocery shopping within a fast-paced, rapidly growing business at the world’s biggest retailer? Do you have a passion for merchandising, data-driven decision making, and online customer experience? Do you love numbers and analytics and also collaborating with cross functional teams in merchandising and technology? If this sounds like you – we invite you to join our team!
Walmart Online Grocery is looking for an Associate Manager to lead several of our online Fresh categories. You will be part of a team that sets category vision and owns what the customer sees and experiences when they search and browse our website. You will support creating and executing our online merchandising strategy in addition to developing synergies with store merchandising, technical partners, and store operators. Our ultimate goal is to provide the optimal experience for our customers and drive sales and profits for our business.
• Driving sales and profitability to hit targets for your departments through setting and executing category strategy
• Maintain product availability online by working with cross functional partners to ensure product set up is achieved on time
• Curate assortment and build experiences to meet customer needs and key seasonal events
• Monitor sales, report category metrics weekly, and build business cases to enhance online assortment and category experiences
• Recommend and develop process improvements to address site and operational deficiencies
• Audit and action content, pricing, and promotions for accuracy
• Address queries from stores/supply/other business teams in a timely manner
• Maintain and develop productive relationships across merchant and supplier
• Ensure adherence to trading standards regulations through correct product
• Strong communicator with experience working cross functionally with multiple internal and external counterparts
• Highly entrepreneurial and autonomous with ability to work independently or in project teams
• Clear and unwavering customer obsession.
• Willingness to travel domestically
• Previous experience in store operations, working with store systems and processes a plus
• Experience with systems and tools in addition to technical investigation and site QA
• Proven track record of success in working for larger companies as well as startups.
• Previous category experience in Fresh (Produce, Meat, Deli, Bakery) and/or Alcohol categories highly desired
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents