Senior Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 874241BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsJob Duties:
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies
this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Major contributors in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with
high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups, including offshore associates, for
assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports
company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor¹s in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of
experience building scalable, high performing and robust Java
applications, or Master¹s degree in Computer Science or related field and
2 years of experience building scalable, high performing and robust Java
Minimum Skills required:
- Java programming experience with a focus on server side
- Experience with Spring framework.
- Extensive experience in developing Web applications with related web
- Advanced scripting skills in at least one of the following: Python, Perl
or Shell and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (e.g. Jenkins,
- Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit,
PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, JIRA, etc)
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (GitHUB, SVN, CVS,
- Expertise with some or all of Apache Tomcat, Jetty, JMS or other
application servers like WebLogic, etc.
elasticSearch, is much preferred.
- Experience with no-sql technologies like Couchbase, Redis, Cassandra or
Hbase is preferred.
- Experience with distributed system design is preferred.
- Experience with debugging and profiling distributed system is preferred.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents