Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Accounting & Finance
- Team Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 874224BR
What you'll doThere’s never been a more exciting time to be part of Walmart Global eCommerce. Our Finance team plays a strategic role in delivering results for our business. We guide financial decisions with analytics, performance management, forecasting, insights, and financial modeling. That means a lot of number crunching with a healthy dose of strategy, as we analyze new products and evaluate operations in emerging markets across supply chain, transportation, omni channel marketing and merchandising.
The Senior Manager - Merchandising will oversee the montly forecast and budget for Entertainment: (1) Electronics; (2) Video Games and Media; (3) Toys/Seasonal; (4) Music, Arts and Crafts; (5) Photo; and (6) Services. Main responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting and analysis in support of the bsuiness; identifying opportunities and risk as well as, and more importantly, driving business results. Candidates will be expected to utilize their accounting and financial background to provide financial advice to their respective business partners. As a result, candidates should possess the interpersonal skills necessary to function effectively as an ambassador and service provider while maintaining fiduciary responsibilities.
This person will play a critical role in leading insightful analyses and provide financial leadership to senior management on these areas in addition to supporting the merchandising teams as the subject matter expert. The Sr. Manager will help manage and develop 1-2 direct reports.
1. Budgeting/Planning (20%)
• Partner with key business owners and help lead the annual budget/plans for Entertainment
• Lead the long range financial planning process for these same areas
• Lead/own the development of the annual business plans and presentations for executive review meetings
2. Forecast/Close/Reporting (40%)
• Oversee and own the development of the monthly financial forecasts that incorporate current business trends and business strategies and by working closely with key business partners
• Oversee month-end close activities
• Lead monthly P&L reviews by recapping results vs. plan and forecast and prepare monthly variance reports for business owners
• Proactively identify, develop and implement enhancements to existing reporting and business processes
3. Analysis (30%)
• Perform analyses to provide insights into areas of risk and opportunity to influence strategies and investment decisions
• Conduct ad-hoc analysis at the request of management and business partners
• Oversee the reconciliation of data and P&Ls (as needed)
• Lead special projects as needed to provide analytical and decision support on new initiatives (including potential acquisitions)
• Provide key analytics to drive continued support for growth
- Develops and executes financial planning processes for assigned areas (for example, Merchandising, Marketing departments)
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Oversees performance management activities
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides input for business decisions
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Reviews and develops forecasting process for assigned operations, divisions, and departments
• Bachelor’s degree required; B.S. in business administration, economics, finance, accounting preferred
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents