Senior Programmer Analyst, Analytics-ISD
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 873506BR
What you'll do
As part of a lean agile team, define and create complex solutions to support internal and external Sam’s Club business. Experience in the latest technologies are a must with emphasis on mobile solutions that are cloud native. You will support the software development process from concept, to development, to testing, to execution. You will explore current solutions that are in place and help determine the best path forward both technically and operationally to support/grow the business needs. There will be opportunity to work on proof of concept capabilities, as well as maintaining current systems. It is Sam’s Club technology’s goal to find next generation solutions that enable growth with internal facing applications, Club associate facing applications, and customer facing applications – all which must be done while meeting company policies and procedures and maintaining the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Provides support to the business
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
Work with Java and other related technologies to design and develop robust high-performance and scalable applications
Ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions across all environments
Utilize industry research to improve Wal-Mart’s technology environment.
Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, etc.
3 or more year of experience with Java (Spring MVC, Hibernate) ; exposure to Apache Camel, Caching, ESB would be advantageous
2 or more years of experience with at least one RDBMS software; Knowledge of NoSQL would be advantageous
3 or more year(s) experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), RESTful web services
A self-motivated learner and builder with strong customer focus and obsession with quality
Experience with any CI/CD frameworks
Solid understanding of github and open source development culture in general.
Familiarity Cloud solutions such as Google Cloud or Azure.
A passion for all things web, including but not limited to, managing applications in the cloud, building and maintaining REST’ful api’s, database design, development and maintenance, network engineering, web performance, analytics and monitoring.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents