Design Director (SamsClub.com)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 872007BR
What you'll do at
• Inspire the creation of experiences grounded in effective design that results in measurable business goals
• Recruit and develop extraordinary talent, by coaching, managing and mentoring a team of 15-20 designers, content managers, and researchers
• Provide overall direction for interaction and service design
• Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques coupled with practical experience in how a design team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness delivering solutions.
• Serve as the voice of our members alongside product management and technology teams
• Lead strong teams through rapidly evolving, complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal teams
• Apply and further develop your experience in developing new approaches to design based on industry best practices, including agile and lean product development methodologies
• Drive multi-channel user experience strategy and innovation with successful delivery of product roadmaps
• Gain strategic alignment within and across the organization
• Manage and approve prototypes, specification documentation and style guides
• 2 years of supervisory experience
• Passion for growing teams with a culture of learning, experimentation, and fun
• 8 years experience in software design or related field
• 6 years experience in eCommerce or related field
• Experience in effectively working with cross-functional senior leadership
• 2 years experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents