Sr. Manager BI and Analytics - HR, Global People Analytics
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 871414BR
What you'll do
The person in this role will be accountable for leading projects, directly and influentially leading people, maintaining business relationship management as well as delivering some of the key metrics and dashboards for the Global People Division.
- Focuses on providing visualizations and analytic solutions in support of the Global People Division; provides comprehensive analysis and problem solving solutions for business problems
- Evaluate and recommend BI and Analytics tools to support the next generation analytics for people division
- Works with team to translate business requirements into functional specifications and detailed design plan
- Provides comprehensive analysis using a variety of enterprise-wide applications including querying, report writing tools, dashboards, scorecards, drill-through and drill-down capabilities with mobile first mentality
- Presents ways to effectively visualize information according to specific purposes (e.g., trends vs. point in time analysis) for a specific subject area
- Provides input into the development of project work plans, proactively identifying, logging, communicating and addressing issues
- Partners with the business in an agile fashion, supporting meaningful visualizations and minor modifications in an expedient fashion; supports business contacts in creation of new reports, including use and effectiveness of the reports
- Works closely with vendors to execute proof of technology and proof of concepts
- Proven skills around scripting (Java, Angular JS, HTML, etc), automation, and HTML capability
- Remains up-to-date on the latest visualizations and features available in the business intelligence (BI) tool and can apply the new learnings to technical solutions
- Provides input and support to training development process
- Bachelor s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 years' experience in an analytics related field OR Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field OR doctoral degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in information technology focusing on Data, Business Intelligence and Analytics within the past 7 years after graduating from college OR 5 years’ experience in information technology focusing on Data, Business Intelligence or Analytics within the past 7 years.
- End to end project, team and 3rd party management experience
- Recent experience focusing in Visual Data Exploration, Reporting and Analytics required
- Understanding of and experience with Natural Language Processing tools a plus
- Hands on experience with Tableau, Thoughtspot, Alteryx or similar visual data exploration, visualization and data preparation tools required
- Ability to multitask; highly organized, dedicated and motivated with a positive attitude
- Problem solver/team player, with proven self-starting track record
- Excellent written/oral/interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents