Staff Software Engineer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 867176BR
What you'll doTitle: Senior Front End Software Engineer
Role: 867176BR: Staff Software Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Organization: Global e-commerce
Department: Customer Experience
• Serve as a technical lead for architecture, design and interface decisions of the key components.
• Work with multiple teams using Java development tools to integrate these components of my account.
• Help in every stage of the project lifecycle -- gather requirements, work closely with product, design, develop, test and support the application.
• Recommend engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, code reviews
• Collaborate, communicate with different teams. Work independently and in a team very efficiently.
• Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides supervision and deve q qlopment opportunities for associates
• Supports business objectives
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
• 6 years’ experience building scalable eCommerce applications or mobile software
• Ability to build high performing application that process large amounts of hourly requests
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
• Experience building fast and efficient web applications
• Experience creating single page applications using like Backbone or React.JS
• Experience with ExtJS or React.JS
• Experience with full stack development (Java)
• Experience with integrating REST API to front end components
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents