Advanced Systems Engineer - Cybersecurity
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 865340BR
What you'll doThis Engineer positions is part of the Infrastructure support team directly responsible for supporting multiple teams within the Walmart Technology InfoSec teams with a heavy focus on network and network security technologies.
The work done by this team supports the environment from networking and servers to endpoints through assisting associates with trouble shooting and minimizing system down time. Team members will have a chance to work with multiple teams across the InfoSec department including Walmart's Incident Management teams.
Associates will grow their technical skills sets through work on the various components of this key piece of the team's infrastructure.
- Coordinates system changes with internal team members and other system areas
- Works with installation of equipment, deployment of endpoints and clients along with troubleshooting issues with operations and equipment failures.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in information systems and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops and implements system solutions, within the guidelines identified in the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC), that have high availability and scalability consistent with associate needs
- Develops team member capabilities
- Ensures system performance & stability meet customer needs.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in team tasks
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years OR 4 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years.
- 2 years' experience designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes.
- 2 years' experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
- 2 years' experience with one of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, Powershell, VB Script, Ruby, PHP, Bash, C, C++, C#, or .Net.
- 3 years' experience designing, leading, and implementing technology projects.
- 3 years' experience troubleshooting security infrastructure problems.
- Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Windows/Linux certification, and/or Security+ certification.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents