Senior Operations Research Scientist
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function Project and Program Management
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 863086BR
What you'll do at
About the role:
Do you have a passion for solving complex problems, developing large scale enterprise solutions with the latest technologies, and bringing value to your customer? If so, come join us and use your experience and expertise developing our optimization decision support application utilizing algorithms as the team works to solve large scale general business optimization problems.
If you are ready to have an impact beyond what you have ever been a part of before – this could be the opportunity for you. We have a saying around here that you haven’t really been a part of something big until you experience Walmart scale!
• Develops optimization decision support application to help solve business operations problems
• Cooperates with internal customers to understand the business and identify opportunities for improvement
• Coordinates with information technology experts to deliver system wise optimization solution
• Designs and develops algorithms to solve large scale general business optimization problems
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Leads technical strategy implementation efforts
• Maintains and advances industry expertise
• Oversees developmental opportunities of associates
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 7 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 11 years OR 9 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 11 years.
• 4 years’ experience in developing optimization heuristics and building mathematical model
• 3 years experience in programming in an object oriented language such as C++ or Java.
• Working knowledge of commercial optimization solvers such as CPLEX or Gurobi.
• 4 years experience in developing new technologies and mathematical modeling techniques that provide retail and/or supply chain competitive advantage (for example, last mile routing algorithms, optimization algorithms) by identifying gaps between current technologies and innovative business needs.
• 4 years experience in creating and presenting research findings and recommendations.
• Doctorate degree in Operational or Optimization Research.
About Walmart Labs
"I love that at Walmart, each associate has the opportunity and autonomy to create their own career path and grow."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts