Senior Manager, Software Engineering
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 860250BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsThe Retail Core Technology organization is focused on building truly global experiences and infrastructural capabilities that enable unprecedented assortment growth and awesome end-to-end Shopping customer experiences from finding the product all the way to delivering it to the customer. The next generation solution encompasses item ingestion, setup, cataloging, Production Classification, large scale Information Retrieval and publishing with focus on scale, flexibility and localization of data, process, rules and presentation.
We serve hundreds of millions of requests and queries every day for millions of products with big data, high performance, high availability and scalability being the building blocks of our DNA. The team is also chartered with building an intuitive state-of-the-art marketplace experience that can serve 3rd party retailers across the globe to help unleash their digital experience using this infrastructure.
We are a team of rock star engineers and product visionaries working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of e-Commerce. Our team exudes all-around talent in developing end-to-end solutions in a highly scalable, cloud-based, service-oriented environment.
• Experience managing engineering teams building applications with proven accountability for product architecture, design and end-to-end delivery to the customer
• Passionate about reviewing a LOT of code and should be willing to write code 25% of the time
• Strong technical knowledge building large scale applications.
• Good acumen about evolving Frameworks, Streaming architectures & Big Data
• Strong understanding of scalable, HA distributed systems design using SOA
• Endless drive to make things happen, drive ambiguity to clarity
• Can easily work with product and business on product initiatives, prioritization, planning and execution
• Passionate about people and innovation
• Excellent communication skills in presenting ideas to executive teams
• Around 10 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
• Pluses - understanding of retail or ecommerce domain knowledge
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents