Director of Engineering, ASDA
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 854694BR
What you'll doAs Director of Engineering for GeC ASDA, you will manage the development team for ASDA's eCommerce grocery business. Our dynamic, fast-paced environment requires a leader with e-commerce development experience, who will own application development in support of our multichannel roadmap. This position is responsible for ATG application architecture, performance, scalability, and availability for those applications. You must have excellent people management skills, to help hire and manage a large team of talented engineers and managers. You will also need strong functional management and strategic leadership skills for ASDA's high growth omnichannel eCommerce grocery business.
This role will manage teams in Leeds, UK, Sunnyvale, CA and Bangalore, India
What You’ll Do:
• Develop and execute technical software development strategies for e-commerce applications and systems using current business roadmap
• Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
• Establish and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
• Drive continuous process improvement and innovation
• Ensure product quality
• Execute engineering projects
• Provide overall direction
• Reduce customer impact (for example, sales loss) due to applications systems issues
• Cultivate and grow our environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent relevant experience
• 4+ years Director level experience
• 10+ years IT management experience in eCommerce software development
• 10+ experience with high transaction, high throughput systems
• 10+ experience of managing 3rd party development partners and other technology vendors
• 10+ experience of running large software engineering teams with an internal, external and 3rd party development mix
• 2+ experience of agile ways of working in a distributed geographical model
• 2+ experience of offshore delivery models
• Proven track record of managing a multimillion dollar budget
• Experience to lead other highly talented managers
• Proven track record of successful engagement/relationship building at all levels, in particular at senior level in the past
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents