Senior Manager, Payments
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 854013BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabseCommerce is one of the #1 priorities of Walmart and the goal is to create an A-team of Product Managers who will take this company into the future. The Customer Experience team at Walmart Labs is looking for a Principal Product Manager focused on Payments. This individual would ideally have multiple years of experience in the Payments industry, be an effective thought leader in this space, and help drive the Walmart payments strategy across multiple countries and platforms. This role also requires a customer champion focused on identifying and driving projects to help make the payment process as quick, seamless and easy as possible for the customer. It also requires someone with a strong sense of product ownership and drive, coupled with a strong passion for technology and innovation. You will have to collaborate with multiple teams across the org and it needs someone with impressive leadership, operational, technical and marketing skills.
The ideal candidate has prior experience with product management and data analytics across eCommerce and Payment domains. He/she is a strategic thinker, is analytical, detail and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. He/she is a highly motivated self-starter. This individual is an evangelist for his/her product and has a deep understanding of his/her customers’ needs, the product and the competitive landscape. He/she has the confidence and knowledge to successfully own the product. He/she is an excellent communicator and builds strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally. This individual will be skilled in working across departments to collaborate with Business Managers, User Experience, Application Architects, Engineering Delivery Teams, Project Managers, QA, and Operations teams. His/her product management experience and understanding of agile methodologies is essential to the successful development of requirements and products.
This Product Manager role will include:
• Developing and championing a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives.
• Using customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements.
• Working with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
• Presenting and clearly articulating product strategy to company leadership.
• Researching competition and third party vendors to understand the market dynamics
• Prioritizing, designing and implementing projects and enhancements
• Leveraging data to make more informed product decisions.
Product Discovery and Definition.
• Own the product discovery process.
• Collaborate with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features.
• Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product requirements while following agile methodology.
• Manage partner relationships, identify necessary and/or desirable third-party features; evaluate and select vendors, negotiate agreements and contracts, and manage partnership integration
• Manage third-party dependencies and secure necessary engagement / resource alignment for the creation of co-developed product features
Product Implementation, Deployment and Support
• Engage with engineering and project management during implementation; quickly answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope tradeoff decisions.
• Work closely with Marketing, the Business and AB testing teams to launch products and ensure their adoption.
• Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing
• Define, track and improve key product metrics.
•Strong experience in the field of Payments, preferably in the ecommerce space
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents