Principal Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 847156BR
What you'll do at
- Build and operate highly scalable and fault-tolerant services that receive millions of requests
- Play an active role in architecting and improving backend systems and data pipelines in collaboration with the team
- Write clean and maintainable code in Scala, Java and Ruby
- Leverage Hadoop and related technologies to derive insights from big data
- 4+ years experience with distributed technologies and concepts, object-oriented methodologies, relational databases and Unix-based systems
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures
- Expertise in one or more programming languages
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience architecting, implementing and supporting large scale enterprise search platforms
- Experience using big data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig etc. and relational databases like MySQL, Oracle
- Ability to mentor others and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative start-up like environment
About Walmart Labs
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts