Senior Technical Project Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Project & Program Management
- Team Project and Program Management
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 847094BR
What you'll do
• Develop and provide program management services for data centers
• Manage the complete program lifecycle for data centers from request, procurement, receiving, deployment, maintenance, and decommission/end of life
• Manage capacity planning to support business growth including request process- weighting priority, requirements, cost/budget, and schedule
• Manage project budgets for the data center including planning and reporting cost benefit analysis (plan vs actual)
• Manage infrastructure utilization to increase efficiency and optimize cost
• Work with ServiceNow team on asset management, inventory, CMDB and others related to infrastructure modules
• Manage geographically distributed teams, off-shore development teams and third-party vendors for successful program launch
• Address program bottlenecks, provide alternative resolutions and mitigation strategies with win/win outcomes
• Establish and maintain clear chains of accountability for program team.
• Experience interfacing and communicating with executive, business and technical stakeholders
• Negotiate program delivery timelines with stakeholders
• Ensure ongoing communication of progress against project/program objectives to various forums
• At least 3 years of project management experience
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems program management
• 3+ years managing data centers in eCommerce space deploying bare metal compute, network, and storage
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Ability to drive multiple programs and collaborate effectively with external and internal partners
• Working knowledge of data center infrastructure and operations (system admin or neteng admin)
• Understands firmware for compute, storage, and network. Also, automation using python, ansible, chef, and puppet.
• Efficiency using ServiceNOW, JIRA, Confluence and other program management tools
• Interface with all levels (business and technical members) and disciplines within the organization
"Our leadership invests in every associate and it’s up to us to change the course of retail—and we’re doing it every day. I feel unstoppable."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents