Senior Software Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Cybersecurity
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 842124BR
What you'll doFrom our technology teams at the home office to our ecommerce group in Silicon Valley, everyone at Walmart plays a part in revolutionizing the shopping experience for millions. From logistics specialists to data gurus and software engineers, our teams are developing innovative solutions that will have an effect on millions of customers every day!
@WalmartTech Strategic Tools Support, we create the products that help the Infosec team fulfill its role of securing the largest retailer on Earth. We use cutting edge technology to create products that solve the complex and ever-changing challenges that the Infosec team faces.
What about you?
• Do you like to develop cutting edge tools for Security?
• Do you have a passion for technology?
• Do you enjoy amazing challenges?
• Do you enjoy solving the “hard” problems?
• Do you like Coding and implement best practices?
If so this job may be for you…
Supports Walmart Technology teams and applications by responding to complex business and technical problems; identifying, proposing, and creating solutions.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans;
Exhibit and implement strong security standards, practices, and architecture; Demonstrate up-to-date software engineering expertise and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans; Provide expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information security best practices; Support and align efforts to meet customer and business needs; Build commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Work closely with our customer’s to meet their needs. Analyzes systems or business processes to design security solutions (for example, software, hardware, or a combination thereof) by meeting with customers and end users; investigating business requirements and ongoing operations; reviewing solution pros and cons with team members and customers.
Identifies and implements security solutions and follows Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC) processes by gathering requested information; conducting business and technical impact analysis of proposed solutions or changes; writing, testing, and debugging programs and scripts; using commands, utilities, or control languages; participating in code reviews; using version control for maintenance of code and configuration; monitoring alerts and other system checks and balances; checking system performance, availability, and reliability; implementing test scripts and procedures; installing and maintaining third-party software and hardware changes; implementing improvements to products, alerts, and monitors; compiling documentation; and participating, creating, and delivering communication on application solutions to diverse audiences (for example, management, customers, suppliers, technical staff).
Extensive experience in designing and developing web front ends/services and/or distributed messaging and event-based systems and/or high performance system software; Demonstrated success in high volume, low latency business critical systems and database management systems.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years' experience in information technology within the past 7 years OR 5 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years OR a Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 1 year's experience working as a project or team lead.
- 3 years' experience working with version control software (for example, Subversion, Git, Librarian).
- 3 years' experience writing SQL queries in a database platform (for example, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server).
- 4 years' experience in SAP.
- 4 years' experience in a programming language or languages (for example, Java, C/C++, .NET, Rexx, Cobol, Powershell).
- 4 years' experience in mainframe technologies.
- Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and/or Security+ certification.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents