Senior Manager, Editorial Content Strategy
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Marketing & Customer Insights
- Team Creative and Design
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 837950BR
What you'll do atYou’re a natural born planner and creative problem-solver, with business acumen, tech savvy, an inbound-marketing mindset and a great sense of humor – and we’re looking for someone like you to help drive the strategic management of editorial content to enhance the online experience, and Walmart brand perception, for millions of shoppers every day.
If you’re up to the task, this is your opportunity to grow your career with the world’s biggest retailer as we enrich our eCommerce operation with brand and utility content that tells the Walmart story and supports customers with daily purchases that help them save time and money and live better.
A day in the life of this role
As the global business owner for editorial strategy and content integrations, you’ll translate business goals into plans of action and lead a team of Product/Project Managers and Content Marketing Managers in deploying the right tools and techniques, at the right time and place, for the right audience (think: merchandising for content). Our current content strategy involves storytelling and shopping guides – including articles, recipes, videos, buying guides and social media – for Walmart’s digital properties such as our online store, mobile app and social media channels, as well as omnichannel innovations to extend digital content to physical stores.
You’ll work closely with senior management to define and measure content’s value to the business; establish best practices for content sourcing, management and distribution; advise cross-functional partners on content “levers” for their businesses; recommend test-and-learn programs; and identify sponsorship and monetization opportunities. You’ll also play a key role in identifying new and emerging consumer trends related to content and advising the team on how to manage the editorial content pipeline to improve the customer experience.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career by helping a small-but-mighty editorial team plan, develop, manage and distribute content at scale for the world’s Fortune 1 retailer?
- Drives the continuous improvement of marketing copy across categories and throughout the site (for example, home page, department and category pages) and seasonal campaigns
- Drives the development and implementation of business strategies for multiple product categories (for example, Apparel, Electronics, Food, Home) and seasonal campaigns
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads the development of strategic content and oversees implementation of copy and projects to drive the online customer experience
- Manages strategic partnerships (for example, advertising, media copy agencies, Merchandising, Marketing, suppliers)
- Oversees the development and maintenance of content guidelines and style guides for online marketing and editorial copy
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
•6+ years experience in editorial content management or related field.
•Familiarity with B2C content marketing for e-commerce a plus.
•3 years experience managing large editorial content campaigns in an online creative or related digital field.
•3 years experience working for or with creative agencies.
•2 years experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
•2 years experience managing editorial content teams in a retail creative environment.
•2 years experience working with content management systems.
•2 years experience managing website or online tool development.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents