- Location BEAVER DAM, WI
- Department Drivers
- Team Drivers
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position -
- Requisition 836127BR
What you'll doAn individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Maintain records by retaining load-related paperwork, electronic logs (e.g., hours of service log) and forms (e.g., forms required by the Department of Transportation, local, state and federal agencies).
- Operate tractor/trailer safely by adhering to all safety requirements; inspect mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment of tractor/trailer unit before, during, and after trips.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Plan routes based on local and state traffic laws and local restrictions; follow routes according to information from maps and atlas.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential function of this position:
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Differentiate sounds in order to inspect and maintain equipment, identify potential hazards, or recognize safety alarms.
- Enter and locate information on a computer.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Lift, push, pull, and carry tools, objects, or equipment above shoulder level without assistance.
- Move up and down a ladder.
- Move up and down stairs.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Operate motor vehicle or other large power equipment.
- Observe behavior of others (i.e., associates, customers, suppliers).
- Read information, often in small print.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Visually inspect equipment.
- Visually locate merchandise and/or other objects.
- Visually verify information, often in small print.
- Apply sideways/upward/downward pressure to tighten and loosen hardware (e.g., nuts, bolts).
Traveling is necessary to perform important parts of the job:
- Travel to multiple facilities or work sites requiring both single and multiple day stays.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position:
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Work in areas requiring exposure to potential allergens or hazardous substances which may cause allergic reactions, injury, or serious illness.
- Work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat, or cold, wet,damp, or dry conditions.
- Do you have an Interstate (Class A) Commercial Driver's License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120 calendar days of date of hire?
- Do you have a minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 3 years?
- Have you had more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years?
- Have you had any serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years?
- Have you been convicted for a DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs within the last ten (10) years?
- Have you had any preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years?
- Have you had any preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years?
- Have you had a preventable accident* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle)?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents